The blog about what we experience in our everyday runs

Friday, December 23, 2011

Doublewide Power Scooter


88 Days --

The treacherous DC streets are well documented. From the tourists and their cameras to the Segway brigades and the NAKID kickballs flying on the Mall, people put their lives in danger when heading out.

Adding to this fabulous list of sidewalk perils is a new breed of danger -- old people in their motor scooters.

Typically confined to grocery store aisles and Bingo halls, these power scooters give our old folks a spark they haven't felt since prom night.

While I have been nearly run over multiple times at the local grocer, never once had I seen a two-seater, shared power scooter bookin it through the aisles.

And yet when I thought I had seen it all, yesterday in Columbus Circle near Union Station a elderly couple sat atop their double wide power scooter--powering through the huddle mass of pedestrians as they maneuvered down the ramp to cross the street.

Since the image really tells the story there's not much left to write, except for the sight truly did bring a chuckle. Here's to old people and their "I don't give a damn, I'm old philosophy." Hopefully when I reach that age, I too will share in that philosophy while I take in the Sights in My Nikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment